People have asked me if I ever considered eating beef again. But I’ve stuck to my guns and will not go back. As for the longing for beefy dishes? I’ve found ways to overcome it.
Enter Veega—a plant-based “meat” that’s rich in fiber and proteins. This meat alternative comes in 5 frozen variants: Giniling, Sausages, Burger Patties, Nuggets, and Meatballs. And because it’s already pre-seasoned and made to taste like meat, you can easily add this to your recipes or heat them up in the oven, pan, or air fryer!
For tonight’s dinner, I made Meat-free Burger Steak—inspired by my favorite Burger Steak meal from Jollibee. With the help of McCormick’s Chicken Gravy mix, I was able to make a sauce to accompany these hefty patties. Just some rice topped with Crispy Garlic Chips from Empanada Nation, and I was good to go!
Curious about the taste? On its own, the patties were already salty and seasoned, so no tweaking needed. As for the texture, it’s springy and soft, quite like spam, but with a faint smoky taste. Not a clear replica of beef though, but as a meat-free alternative, it works. And it fills up nicely too, which is a bonus.
As for the gravy, it was creamy, pleasantly smooth, and flavorful. And although it says it’s for chicken, I double-checked the ingredients and didn’t find any meat product in it. So yes, it’s okay for a vegetarian meal like this.
Meat-free Burger Steak with Gravy & Rice
- 1 pack of Veega Meat-Free Burger Patties
- 1 pack of McCormick Chicken Gravy Mix
- Hot Water
- 1 Tbsp of Cooking Oil
- Cooked White Rice
- Empanada Nation’s Crispy Garlic Chips
- Add oil to a pan over medium heat. When hot, carefully place your Veega Meat-Free Burger Patties. Cook til brown and flip. These patties cook fast, so keep an eye on them.
- In a bowl, add your McCormick Gravy mix. Pour hot water gradually and mix until you reach the desired consistency.
- Get a plate, place your rice (top with garlic chips if you want) and cooked burger patties. Pour gravy over the patties and serve. Enjoy!
Veega is available in Shopee, Lazada, and in leading grocery stores nationwide. Thanks for this Spark it PH!